The Sri Lanka Marco Polo Travel Guide and Handbook offers expert, in-depth advice, ideal for planning your own, independent trip. From detailed cultural information to Marco Polo's renowned Insider Tips, whatever your mood or interest, this detailed yet concise Sri Lanka travel guide is the perfect travel companion.
Inside the Sri Lanka Marco Polo Travel Guide and Handbook:
- Radiant Sri Lanka: Let Marco Polo's Sri Lanka guide book lead you through a land of historic temples, magnificent mountain scenery, fantastic beaches and bustling towns and cities.
- Discover & Understand: Our innovative infographics condense large amounts of information into a format which is easy to understand. Infographics illustrate, amongst other things; Sri Lanka at a glance, a tsunami and a country torn apart.
- In the mood for: Fun suggestions help you to experience the variety of Sri Lanka, whatever your personal preferences and interests.
- Tours: Discover Sri Lanka! Four exciting tours take in all the most beautiful and historic places on the island, from the central highlands to the scenic highlights. All suggested tours are plotted on detailed maps and combine the best and most interesting places to see, with tips for exciting stops along the way.
- Experience & Enjoy: All the things which make a trip unforgettable: from eating and drinking, shopping, sightseeing, museums & galleries, staying the night, travelling with children, festivals and going out in the evening. What are Sri Lanka's typical dishes and where can you sample them? What is there to do with children? Answers to these and many other questions can be found in this chapter.
- In depth knowledge: Curated and comprehensive advice offering detailed, cultural information and thorough planning information to help you get the best out of your trip. Insider Tips and special Marco Polo insights reveal hidden gems and well-kept secrets for the curious traveller. Discover where you can observe the fascinating migration of the butterflies, why a train ride to Kandy is an experience not to be missed, where men can meditate in a monastery and where you can go on elephant safari in this Sri Lanka guide book.
- Superb 3D illustrations: vivid visuals that take you behind the scenes and provide insight into selected historic sites such as the Dambulla cave temple, Dalada Maligawa and the Sigiriya rock fortress.
- Large pull-out map: Includes a separate pull-out map handily placed in a high quality plastic wallet at the back of the book, which can also be used as a storage pocket.
- Handy book band: the colourful, elastic, book band is a really useful bookmark and will keep any loose tickets and notes secure inside your guide.
AUTHOR: Marco Polo was the original, trailblazing tourist. He was born into a wealthy Venetian merchant family in 1254 and at the age of 17 he embarked on an epic journey to Asia, as one of the first westerners to ever visit China. When he returned 24 years later he recorded his extensive travels in a book - publishing possibly the first travel guide ever - and introducing Europeans to Central Asia and China. Marco Polo's travels have since inspired countless adventurers to set off and see the world. Allegedly, Christopher Columbus set off across the Atlantic with a copy of Marco Polo's original book! It is this pioneering spirit that drives us at Marco Polo Travel Publishing to provide you with the best guides, maps and atlases possible - to inspire you to set off on your own adventures and help you travel the world. We offer a wide range of high quality travel publications to over 200 destinations, all written by local and trusted authors. Pocket Guides Compact, colourful guides packed with Insider Tips and a free Touring App. Spiral Guides Itinerary-based guides in a unique, lay-flat spiral bound format. Travel Handbooks Visually inspiring, comprehensive guides offering detailed advice and informative infographics. Travel Journals Beautifully designed travel journals for use on the road. Phrasebooks Pocket-sized and packed with everyday phrases for confident communication. Folded Maps High quality touring maps with innovative Zoom system. City & Holiday Maps Compact, laminated maps with a detailed scale and maximum coverage. Road Atlases Clear, easy-to-read cartography in a handy spiral bound format. marcopologuides.com