- Reset your password
- More information on 'Your Shopping Cart'
- How to use the 'Secure Checkout' page
- Frequently Asked Questions
- To reset your password, click or tap on Sign in in the top right corner of any page of www.agreatread.co.uk
- From the dropdown menu, click or tap on Forgot your password?
- On the Reset Password page, type your email address in the box and click or tap Reset Password. (An email will automatically be sent to this email address.)
- When you receive the email, click or tap on the link to verify your email address. This will take you to the Change Password page.
- On A Great Read’s Change Your Password page, this time choose a new password, confirm it below and then click or tap CONTINUE.
- And you’re done! – You will now be able to sign in with your email address and new password.
(Please remember to check your junk mail if you have not received the automated email within a few minutes.)
When you click on the My Cart icon (which can be found near the top right hand corner of any page) you’ll see a summary of the items you’re about to buy. You can choose to go straight to purchasing the items by clicking Check Out Now or you can click View Cart to review your cart before proceeding to payment.
On the View Cart page you can:
- Change the quantity of item by typing in the number you require or by using the arrows on either side of the number to increase or decrease by 1.
- Delete an item by clicking on the shaded x next to the price and then clicking OK on the pop up message.
- Estimate shipping costs (for countries outside of UK) by clicking on Add info next to Shipping, selecting and typing your address details for each section and then clicking ESTIMATE SHIPPING.
- Enter a coupon code by clicking on Add Coupon, typing in the code and then clicking Apply.
- Enter a gift certificate code by clicking on Gift Certificate, typing in the code and clicking Apply.
- Proceed to Checkout by clicking the blue Check Out button.
When you select PROCEED TO CHECKOUT you’ll see the Secure Checkout page.
Once you have signed in to your account or entered your details to register or checkout out as a guest, there are four quick and easy stages:
- BILLING & ACCOUNT DETAILS
- SHIPPING DETAILS
- SHIPPING METHOD
- ORDER CONFIRMATION
BILLING & ACCOUNT DETAILS (CHOOSE A BILLING ADDRESS)
- Select a billing address from the options available, or click the I want to use a new billing address text to add a new address. Please note that boxes with a red * next to them must be filled in.
- When you’re happy with how your billing address looks, you can select this to be your shipping address also by simply clicking the BILL & SHIP TO THIS ADDRESS button. If you would like your order to be shipped to a different address, then first untick the box that reads I also want to ship to this address and then click the button that now reads BILL TO THIS ADDRESS.
SHIPPING DETAILS (CHOOSE A SHIPPING ADDRESS)
- If you selected to use your billing address for the shipping address, then this stage is skipped and you move directly onto the Shipping Method. If you chose to ship to an address that is different to your billing address, then you will now see the Shipping Details section.
- You will now have the option to select any address that you have saved to your account previously by clicking on the address you would like from the drop down menu.
- Alternatively, you can input a new address by clicking on the I want to use a new shipping address text and then entering all the required information into the correct boxes.
- When you are happy with the address you have chosen then click on the SHIP TO THIS ADDRESS button.
SHIPPING METHOD (CHOOSE A SHIPPING METHOD)
- UK customers: click on the circle next to Free Shipping £0.00 to select free UK delivery.
- Alternatively, you can select First Class delivery for an additional charge of £2.95.
- Once you have chosen the method you would like, click the CONTINUE button.
ORDER CONFIRMATION (PLEASE REVIEW YOUR ORDER BEFORE CONTINUING)
- Here you will be review your basket one final time before selecting how to pay.
- Please note the expected delivery date underneath each title. These will differ, depending on the titles you’re buying.
- If you need to change any of the details, such as your shipping address, then you can by clicking on the Edit button next to each of the previous stages.
- If you have a Coupon Code or Gift Certificate, type it into the box under the list of items in your cart and click APPLY. You will now see the amount deducted from your Grand Total.
- How Would You Like to Pay? Select either PayPal or Credit/Debit Card.
- Order Instructions/Comments (Optional) If you have any special order instructions, you can add them on this page. For example: “Leave order with neighbour”, etc. Otherwise, it’s fine to leave this box empty.
- Terms And Conditions Please make sure this box is ticked and that you agree with the terms and conditions .
- Hear From Us Via Email? If you want to hear about new releases - and be the first to know about our sales - please tick these boxes. Otherwise, you can leave it blank.
Click the PROCEED TO PAYMENT button.
If you selected PayPal, you will be asked to log in to PayPal. Once logged in, please check your delivery address is correct and then click the Pay Now button.
If you selected Credit/Debit Card, you will be asked the following:
- How do you want to pay? Choose either Visa, Visa Debit, Visa Electron, MasterCard or Debit MasterCard.
- Your card details Type in the cardholder’s name, the card number, the expiry date and the CVC number. (The CVC number, or Card Verification Code, is the last three-digit number printed on the back of your card.) Once you’ve added these details, click the Confirm card details > button.
- Review your order Here, you can see your Transaction details. If applicable, click on the “+” icons next to Payment Details, Billing Address and Shipping Address to see the relevant information.
Thanks for Your Order! You’ll see the confirmation page, where you can see what was ordered and also your order number.
Are all the books you sell new?
- Yes! All books sold on this site are brand new. No used books are sold on this website.
Do you take National Book Tokens?
- Sorry but we do not currently take National Book Tokens.
When can I expect my book to be delivered from dispatch?
- If you live within the UK you can expect it to take 2-6 working days. International orders will take between 5-10 working days. Please check our SHIPPING AND RETURNS page for more details.
What does it mean when delivery time is listed as 6-15 working days?
- This means that we have to order this item from the publisher as it is not stocked in our warehouse. The extra time is to allow for the book to be delivered to us first.
When is payment taken for an order?
- Payment is taken as soon as the order is made, this includes pre orders.
Do you offer a Student Discount?
Sorry but A Great Read does not currently offer any Student Discounts