Marco Polo Pocket Guide Canada West: the Travel Guide with Insider Tips
Explore Western Canada with this handy, pocket-sized, authoritative guide, packed with Insider Tips. Discover boutique hotels, authentic restaurants, the region's trendiest places, and get tips on shopping and what to do on a limited budget. There are plenty of ideas for travel with kids, and a summary of all the festivals and events that take place. Let Marco Polo show you all this wonderful part of Canada has to offer...
If you love the outdoors then Western Canada is your dream destination. Here you can watch a family of bears on the shores of a fjord, enjoy the silence of the mighty Yukon River, camp with cowboys in the vast prairies or go rafting through wild river rapids. And coupled with this breath-taking, unspoilt, pristine landscape is Vancouver, a young, vibrant city with captivating charm and casual, European flair, a dynamic metropolis set against a dramatic backdrop of dark green mountains... This is Canada West!
Your Marco Polo Canada West Pocket Guide includes:
- Insider Tips - we show you the hidden gems and little-known secrets that offer a real insight into the region. Discover Fort Langley, the backdrop for many Hollywood movies, relax after a long walk in natural hot springs or stay in a rustic pioneer lodge.
- Best of - find the best things to do for free, the best `only in' Canada West experiences, the best things to do if it rains and the best places to relax and spoil yourself.
- Sightseeing - all the top sights are organised by area so you can easily plan your trip.
- Discovery Tours - specially tailored tours that will get you to the heart of Canada West. Experience all of Western Canada's unique character with these personal tours. See the prairies in Calgary, the ice-covered peaks of the Rockies, the lake districts of British Columbia and the Pacific coast in Vancouver.
- Canada West in full-colour - Marco Polo Pocket Guide Canada West includes full-colour photos throughout the guide bringing the region to life offering you a real taste of what you can see and enjoy on your trip.
- Touring App - download any of the Discovery Tours to your smartphone, complete with the detailed route description and map exactly as featured in the guide, free of charge. The maps can be used offline too, so no roaming charges. The perfect navigational tool with distance indicators and landmarks highlighting the correct direction to travel in as well as GPS coordinates along the way. Enjoy stress-free sightseeing and never get lost again!
- Road Atlas and pull-out map - we've included a detailed road atlas and a handy, pull-out map so you can pop the guide in your bag for a full-on sightseeing day or head out with just the map to enjoy your Discovery Tour. A small city map of downtown Vancouver is also included.
Trust Marco Polo Pocket Guide Canada West to show you around the western provinces of Canada. The comprehensive coverage and unique insights will ensure you experience everything Canada West has to offer and more. The special tips, personal insights and unusual experiences will help you make the most of your trip - just arrive and enjoy.
AUTHOR: Marco Polo was the original, trailblazing tourist. He was born into a wealthy Venetian merchant family in 1254 and at the age of 17 he embarked on an epic journey to Asia, as one of the first westerners to ever visit China. When he returned 24 years later he recorded his extensive travels in a book - publishing possibly the first travel guide ever - and introducing Europeans to Central Asia and China. Marco Polo's travels have since inspired countless adventurers to set off and see the world. Allegedly, Christopher Columbus set off across the Atlantic with a copy of Marco Polo's original book! It is this pioneering spirit that drives us at Marco Polo Travel Publishing to provide you with the best guides, maps and atlases possible - to inspire you to set off on your own adventures and help you travel the world. We offer a wide range of high quality travel publications to over 200 destinations, all written by local and trusted authors. Pocket Guides Compact, colourful guides packed with Insider Tips and a free Touring App. Spiral Guides Itinerary-based guides in a unique, lay-flat spiral bound format. Travel Handbooks Visually inspiring, comprehensive guides offering detailed advice and informative infographics. Travel Journals Beautifully designed travel journals for use on the road. Phrasebooks Pocket-sized and packed with everyday phrases for confident communication. Folded Maps High quality touring maps with innovative Zoom system. City & Holiday Maps Compact, laminated maps with a detailed scale and maximum coverage. Road Atlases Clear, easy-to-read cartography in a handy spiral bound format. marcopologuides.com