The National Autistic Society estimates that Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD) now affects 500,000 families in the UK alone, while one in 86 children ha…
Fully updated to reflect DSM-5 and current assessment tools, procedures and research, this award-winning book provides a practical and scientifically-based approach to identifying, assessing, and treating children and adolescents with an Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) in school settings. Integrating current research evidence with theory and best-practice, the book will support school-based professionals in a number of key areas including:
* screening and assessing children and youth with high-functioning autism spectrum conditions
* identifying evidence-based interventions and practices
* developing and implementing comprehensive educational programs
* providing family support and accessing community resources
* promoting special needs advocacy.
Illustrative case examples, a glossary of terms and helpful checklists and forms make this the definitive resource for identifying and implementing interventions for pupils with ASD.
Bearspotting is a dangerous business - you ought to take it seriously, you know. So here's what you need to know for starters - black bears are danger…
Ready for some real adventure? Evie likes new experiences - except for being extremely fussy about what she eats. Suddenly she finds herself on a s…