One of the most eligible gentlemen in the ton, Gerrard Debbington is besieged by offers from London's most sought-after beauties, but as the ton's for…
'Honest, vulnerable, hilarious, and profoundly human' Taylor Jenkins Reid, New York Times bestselling author of Daisy Jones and the Six
Daniel Mayrock's life is at a crossroads. He knows the following to be true:
1. He loves his wife Jill . . . more than anything.
2. He only regrets quitting his job and opening a bookshop a little (maybe more than a little).
3. Jill is ready to have a baby.
4. The bookshop isn't doing well.
5. Dan hasn't told Jill about their financial trouble.
6. Then Jill gets pregnant.
What are the lengths Dan will go to, and the risks he will take, to save his family? But he doesn't just want to save his failing bookstore and his family's finances:
1. Dan wants to do something special.
2. He's a man who is tired of feeling ordinary.
3. He's sick of feeling like a failure.
4. He doesn't want to live in the shadow of his wife's deceased first husband.
Dan is also an obsessive list maker; his story unfolds entirely in his lists, which are brimming with his hilarious sense of humour, unique world-view and deeply personal thoughts. When read in full, his lists paint a picture of a man struggling, a man who has reached a point where he's willing to do anything for the love (and soon-to-be new love) of his life.
In this fascinating book, Chris Abbott, a leading political analyst, takes a close look at 21 key speeches which have shaped the world today. He exami…
23 Innovations in Digital Communication describes, criticizes and evaluates 23 digital innovations that are used in media and communication. Innovatio…
IN 1854 Britain and France were at war to save `poor little Turkey', the crumbling Ottoman Empire, from the menace of Russian expansionism. On 25 Octo…
The Northumbrians have been overlooked by British and global history, but they've made astonishing contributions to both. Dan Jackson sets out to rec…
Which nations have North Korean embassies? Which region has the highest number of death metal bands per capita? How many countries have bigger econo…