Look! A White-Breasted Butt Nugget! Over there-a Goddamned Canada Goose! (or, for the layperson, White-breasted Nuthatch and Canada Goose)
From the popular book The Field Guide to Dumb Birds of North America, this hilarious illustrated calendar is packed with dumb bird facts, birding how-to's, must-have gear tips, and all new content so birders can identify and admire these annoying jerks all year round.
* Equal parts profane, funny, and true, this calendar will make you laugh out loud and teach you bird facts.
* Art and information in the calendar includes bird diagrams, topography charts, bird songs and calls, bird behavior, migration maps, and tips for how to keep your own birding journal.
* Does the birder in your life tend to peruse books like National Geographic Backyard Guide to the Birds of North America or the National Audubon Society Field Guide to North American Birds? Inject a dose of humor into their avian pursuits with this daily calendar.
* Makes a great quirky gift for bird enthusiasts and armchair/backyard birders, fans of animal humor and bird art, and urban hipsters.
* 6 x 5 x 1 inches, 314 pages (one page a day for weekdays, Saturdays/Sundays on one page)
AUTHOR: Matt Kracht was introduced to amateur ornithology in the fourth grade and has never gotten over the trauma. A professional designer and art director by day, he writes and makes art by night. He lives in Seattle with his wife, where they enjoy gazing out the window at the beautiful waters of the Puget Sound and making fun of birds.