Exam Board: ISEB
Level: 11 Plus
First Teaching: September 2015
First Exam: Autumn 2016
Brand new for 2016, these practice exam papers prepare children for the most challenging pre-tests and 11 plus independent school examinations. Nine levelled exam papers with a total of 184 questions are designed to test pupil's ability across all mathematical topics:
- there are four training tests, which include some simpler questions and slower timing designed to develop confidence
- four tests in the style of pre-tests, ISEB and short-format CEM in terms of difficulty, speed and question variation
- one test in the style of the longer format GL/bespoke tests in multiple choice question format
The papers will develop and perfect exam technique, and will teach pupils to improve their response rates with timed papers. Pupils will ...
- become familiar with the way long-format 11 plus tests are presented
- build exam-room confidence by practising with a variety of exam paper styles
- work with the most challenging question set
The brand new 11 plus and pre-test range has been constructed to help pupils follow a three step revision journey ..
Step 1) 11 Plus Maths Revision Guide
Step 2) Practice Papers
11 Plus Maths Practice Papers 1
11 Plus Maths Practice Papers 2
Step 3) Workbooks
10-Minute Maths Tests Workbook Age 8-10
10-Minute Maths Tests Workbook Age 9-11
Mental Arithmetic Workbook Age 8-10
Mental Arithmetic Workbook Age 9-11
Steve Hobbs has been in teaching both Key Stage 1 and 2 since 1998, working in a variety of junior and primary schools in Derbyshire, Nottinghamshire and Surrey. He has held posts in Mathematics, Science and PE. More recently, he moved into secondary teaching, teaching Maths, Religious Studies and an outdoors-based subject, Countryside and Environment, of which he is Head of Department.
As well as being an examiner for Functional Skills Maths, Steve has also written questions for exam papers. He has written several publications, including two for Galore Park: 11+ Maths Practice Papers 1 and 2, for pre-test and independent school exams.
When Steve isn't teaching, or doing maths activities, he enjoys running long distances, and taking part in some extreme events. He has a keen interest in travel and current affairs, and a love of the environment which he does his best to look after. Most of all, he loves spending time with his wife and two daughters.